BSA Info

Campgrounds Map

Posted on Updated on

Here is a Link to a Google Map we created showing locations of several Scout Ranches, campgrounds, State Parks and other locations we visit throughout the year.


Google Map of Campgrounds, etc.

Cub Scouts

Posted on Updated on

A Cub Scout Pack graduates boys into a Boy Scout Troop.

The Cub Scout Organization

Scouts grades 1 through 5 participate in a “Cub Scout Pack”. A Cub Scout Pack is organized a little differently than a Boy Scout Troop.

A Troop is boy run with oversight from Adults. A Pack is completely parent run.

Boys of the same age are organized into “Dens” of 5 to 8 boys. Each Den must have at least one registered adult leader (also there must always be at least 2 adults at any gathering).

Collectively the Dens are called a Pack.

The Pack is overseen by the Committee just like a Troop.

The first badge a Cub Scout must earn in a Pack is the Bobcat. Bobcat covers things like personal safety and the sayings & handshake & Scout Sign in Cub Scouts.

Each Den then works from an age appropriate Handbook to earn that age groups Badge.

  • Tiger – 1st Grade
  • Wolf – 2nd Grade
  • Bear – 3rd Grade
  • Webelos – 4th Grade
  • Webelos II – 5th Grade

Webelos is a transition period from Cub Scouts to Boy Scouts. The 5th Grade Webelos II’s “Cross Over” to a Boy Scout Troop sometime during the latter half of the school year (February – June).